Like thousands of other New Yorkers, I plan to spend some time this Sunday lined up along First Avenue cheering on the NYC Marathon runners! But as with all big events, there will be some inconveniences to folks trying to get around Manhattan. Below you'll find a list of street closures here on the Upper East Side. You can also click HERE for a full list of changes throughout Manhattan.
- No buses will be allowed to cross Fifth Avenue during the race, and the 86th Street Transverse Road will be the only Central Park passage open for vehicular traffic.
- First Avenue and 77th Street will be closed until 4:05 p.m.
- The 96th Street Transverse Road will be closed until 7 p.m.
- The 79th Street Transverse Road will be closed until 7 p.m.
The following streets will be closed throughout the race day:
- Central Park East Drive and 84th Street.
- Central Park East Drive and 68th Street.
- Central Park East Drive and 65th Street.
Several buses will also be rerouted, including the M31 between 88th and 92nd Streets, and the M15/M15-SBS between 53rd and 128th Streets. You can find the full list of bus route changes HERE.
Enjoy the weekend!